Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun with Fiber!

"I've been gone for too long, think it's time I bring it back..." or at least that's what Ciara said!- blame my 13 year old daughter for the rap song refrences lol : )

Seems that you can't post fun pics on the Rav forum without hosting them from your blog anymore so this gives me a place to post pics of new adventures. Here is a little evidence of the latest one!

FSM Fleece washing adventure!

Starting with Romney/Rambouillet Fleece



In the pot for 12 days!! Stinky but not too horrendous!



First batch after 1 wash in hot, hot water and a little swig of arm and hammer laundry detergent and 1 plain hot, hot water rinse and a final hot, hot rinse with a swig of apple cider vinegar. Now it smells really clean! I need to wait til it dries on the screen to see if I was sucessful at getting the lanolin out. This was a very greasy fleece!



Here is a before and after shot (the dirty batch just hopped in the tub for it's turn! Stay tuned for results : )


Here's a little teaser for the beginning of my next fiber adventure! Going to pick up my new baby on Tuesday and that's all I'm saying ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment